Tri-Team Tournament – Match Day 5

Going into the final day The Relics were guaranteed the top two positions in the league, but which way round would they finish? The Blues were in a really strong position four points ahead of the Whites. With only two games to play and six point on offer it would take a disaster for the Blues not to finish top.
The Blues started brightly in their first game going 3 – 0 up with goals from Graham W (2) and John W then let the game slip from their grasp, coming away with a nervous 3 – 3 finish.
The Whites had a tough first game against Salcom B going 0 – 1 down but came back strongly to finish 2 – 1 winners with both goals coming from captain Andy Rich.
So all to play for going into the last games of the tournament, the Blues lead cut to just 2 points.
The Whites second game of the day was another tough game this time against Salcom A, but goals from Andy Rich and Stewart W secured a 2 – 1 win.
The Blues, needing a win to secure the title, were on top for most of their second game of the day against Maccabi B, but on-loan Relics keeper young Chris F was in stunning form denying his Relics team mates time and time again, however he couldn’t stop the Blues finally winning the game and the title. Two goals from John W and a penalty from Graham W secured a 3 -1 win.

Congratulations to all the Relics players on the day
Blues: Pat (gk), Bob D, Tony G, Keith S, John W, Graham W (c), JoMo
Whites: Eddy F (gk), Dave Mo, Pete Shev, John C, Stewart W, Andy Rich(c), Jerry

Massive thanks also to the other Relics players that turned out for Maccabi B: Dr John, Brian, Peter A and young Chris F(gk), Brian getting on the scoresheet with 2 goals in their final game, one direct from a corner.
Also many thanks to the two refs from the Relics Keiran and Ken.

For all results and league table see the Match Centre page here

Kevin Longbottom from Salcom and Mike Dickson from Maccabi receive footballs from Keiran

John C accepts the runners up trophy from Keiran on behalf of the Relics Whites

Relics Blues captain Graham W receives the Winners trophy from Keiran